I am on a food pilgrimage. My interest in food has been there since I can remember...dried squid and salted lemon peels were my childhood candies. Rye and Limburger Cheese my after school snack(if my GPa ate it I did as well.) I tour cities by my tastebuds...This is my food adventure diary. If anyone enjoys it more the better but if I'm all alone I can deal with that too.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
The Journey Begins...
I have been thinking about a "food diary" for awhile. I think about food like some women think about diamonds. It is the most interesting thing I can imagine. It keeps us alive and gives us pleasure. Nothing else in the world does for us what food does. I recently moved to Brooklyn, NY and my love for food has been reinspired. Daily I see ingredients that stump me...from the italian markets in Bensonhurst, the Jewish stores in Williamsburg, the Chinese markets on Bay Parkway to the Russian delights in Brighton Beach. I have decided to take myself on a food adventure since I have recently gone back to school my budget won't allow for travel adventures...I am going to take on new ingredients and food adventures. I hope to enrich myself and share my adventures with anyone who takes a interest in my missives.
Labels:
food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hi Mlissa...so glad i'm the first one to join your blog. i will definitely be checking in on you. can't wait to see what goods you come up with. sounds like we could have similar "out of the ordinary" tastes. have fun...bring it on !...jules
ReplyDeleteJules I am actually going to use some of your recipes (with credit of course as my first adventure) my best friend has a weekly radio show and I'm going to use them as tasters. Will let you know when. Thank you so much for joining me.
ReplyDelete